About Community First
Learn more about Community First
As one of Florida’s largest credit unions, we know that living one’s best life means different things to different people; and that’s the essence of our purpose. By being attentive to the diverse needs of our employees, members, and community, we provide opportunities, services, and support that enable them to truly be themselves and define their own “best life.” Maybe that’s why more than 170,000 of your Florida neighbors count on us to help them achieve it. And why you should, too.
Our employees are positioned prominently in our purpose because they’re the people who directly engage with members and ensure we’re doing everything we can to help you be your best self. That might take the form of helping you secure a loan. It might be following up on your suggestion for improvement. Or it might simply be taking time to get to know you with a friendly chat when you visit a branch.
This is our North Star, and we hope you will choose Community First to walk with you on the path to living your best life.
- You’re an owner, not just a customer. Unlike banks and online lenders, credit unions are not-for-profit financial cooperatives that serve their members who are owners and enjoy better service, fewer fees, and great rates.
- You’ll get all the banking products you want and the service you deserve. We offer a full range of personal and business banking products and services, as well a moveUp financial wellness programs. And according to many online surveys, credit union members enjoy the highest customer satisfaction and some of the best rates on savings products in the U.S.
- You’ll receive additional rewards. Earnings are given back to credit union members in the form of dividends, higher savings rates, and lower loan rates. And as a member, you’ll also have a vote in electing the credit union’s volunteer board of directors during the annual membership meeting.
- Your deposits are protected. Credit union deposits (like the funds in your checking and savings account) are federally insured up to $250,000 by the federal government’s National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
- You invest in your community. Community First Credit Union members are invested in Northeast Florida, not overseas. For over 85 years, we have positively impacted our community and its expanding economy with charitable giving, volunteerism, and financial education. The Community First CARES Foundation raises funds supporting projects that meet our mission of improving health and wellness in our communities.
- You can bank right where you are. Community First is a state-chartered credit union based in Jacksonville, serving anyone who lives or works on the First Coast. We’re one of the largest credit unions in the state, serving more than 160,000 members through 19 branch locations. Become one of them.
Community First Credit Union has an open-door news media policy
We strive to serve our community through our community relations and media relations efforts. We welcome inquiries about the credit union, our community partnerships, financial topics and wider economic market analysis. Our philosophy is simple – the credit union exists to serve members and our community through financial products, services and advice. The nonprofit credit union movement is member-focused, collaborative and sophisticated financial products and services available on the local level with local control and local management.
Our executives and staff are trained to work with the news media on a range of subjects. Need an expert for a story idea? We might be able to help and can connect you with an expert on our staff.
News Media Contact
Social Media Contact
Contact our team regarding our social channels at firstname.lastname@example.org.