Community First College Scholarships
Online Application Now OpenCommunity First annually awards five $8,000 scholarships.
Honoring Raymond A. Vinson and empowering young student members
To honor our founder Raymond A. Vinson, each year, Community First awards scholarships of up to $8,000 ($2,000 annually per student, renewable for four years) to five graduating high school students who demonstrate leadership ability and financial need.
Before his death in 1992, Vinson was a nationally recognized credit union pioneer. He helped form more than 40 Florida credit unions (including the Duval County Teachers Credit Union in 1935, which is now Community First Credit Union of Florida). Vinson's legacy of dedication, compassion, and commitment to the credit union movement will forever touch lives.
Deadline to apply is March 18.Apply Now
- A graduating high school senior student entering college for their undergraduate degree
- Attending a two-or-four year public or private accredited college or university, preferably within the State of Florida
- High School grade point average of at least 3.0 (unweighted)
- A minimum ACT score of 24 or SAT score of 1,110
- High school transcript
- Completed Federal Student Aid application
- 200-word essay explaining how the scholarship will help you attain your educational and financial goals
- Two recommendation letters from the following:
- high school principal, teacher, or guidance counselor; religious or civic leader; and/or a current or former employer
- A list of community and leadership activities, honors, and awards
The deadline to apply is March 18.