UNF Checking Account
With a UNF Checking1 account, you can Swoop into school with confidence knowing you have a financial partner that puts you first! This free checking account includes great features such as no minimum balance requirement, no monthly maintenance fees, and ATM fee refunds.
Looking for something different? Explore our other great account options.
Bonus Debit Checking
Youth Advantage Checking (ages 13-17)
With our special Teen Checking5 accounts, access to our moveUP Financial Wellness Program, and much more, your teen is in the right hands to becoming financially independent and have the freedom to manage their money the right way.
Special Purpose Savings Account
Community First Credit Union membership is open to anyone who lives, works, or attends school in one of the following Florida counties: Baker, Brevard, Broward, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Indian River, Lake, Martin, Nassau, Orange, Palm Beach, Putnam, Seminole, St. Johns, St. Lucie, or Volusia.
Membership is also open to any relative of an existing or eligible Community First Credit Union of Florida member. We also offer membership to select employer groups, including employees of Brooks Rehabilitation, Miller Electric Company, and Web.com. Not sure if you qualify? Contact us.
Your best defense against fraud
Community First monitors fraudulent or suspicious account activity and may proactively contact a member about this activity, we will never call and ask for confidential information such as your entire account number or PIN.
Contact 904.354.8537 if you have provided confidential information.
How it works:
The system allows you to receive automated fraud alerts, text messages, emails, and even automated calls that easily walk you through reviewing suspicious activity on your card.
Our system enables:
- Immediate alerts - When suspicious activity has been detected on your account, we don’t wait for an agent to dial your number – our automated system will contact you by text, phone or email.
- 2-Way Communication - You can take action the second you receive your alert – by texting the provided command word, or interacting with the automated system on the phone; simply follow the instructions to answer questions regarding your recent card activity.
- Real-time Support - Our live agents are ready to assist you at any time to ensure you receive the best defense exactly when you need it.You do not need to register for this service, alerts will be sent to you automatically. Please review and update your mobile phone number and email address in Online / Mobile Banking, so we can send you important fraud alerts about your account.
- Your social security number
- A valid U.S. driver’s license, passport, or state ID
- If this is your first account with Community First Credit Union, an initial deposit of $5 in a Share Savings Account is required to establish membership.
- Account information to fund the new account (credit, debit, or a U.S. bank account).
- Make 20 or more debit card transactions each month
- Enroll in eStatements
ATM refunds are posted to eligible accounts at the end of the month.
- Download Community First’s Card Services app from the App Store or Google Play
- Follow the prompts to register your card. (Note: Your email, social security number, and date of birth are required and must match what’s on file with your Community First account.)
- Check your inbox for a confirmation email and log in.
Learn more about our CURewards Program.
The Save My Change program** allows you to save every time you swipe your debit card. When you enroll, we automatically round up your debit card purchase to the nearest whole dollar amount and put the change in the savings account of your choice.
Essentially, Save My Change is the equivalent of a change jar for your debit card. You can easily enroll by opting into Save My Change in Online or Mobile Banking.
- Navigate to the menu and select Account Management
- Click or tap Save My Change and enroll
That’s it. Now, you'll save every time you swipe the debit card for your enrolled Checking account. Don’t forget to log back in and track your progress in Online or Mobile Banking.
All Community First Checking accounts can receive direct deposits up to two days early with Priority Pay*. So, if your paycheck is a direct deposit, you can get it sooner, too! Other than enrolling in direct deposit, there’s no action required to have your payment posted earlier.
The early posting of each direct deposit is contingent upon Community First receiving the funds from the sender, and in most cases, it is available a day or two early.
1UNF Checking - UNF Checking is a Bonus Debit Checking account. To receive a refund of up to $10 in out-of-network ATM fees each month, you must make a minimum of 20 POS or Signature-based debit card transactions each month, and you must be enrolled in Online Banking and eStatements. Refunds will be posted on the last day of the month. Valid email address required for eStatement enrollment. Additional restrictions may apply; refer to theCommunity First Consumer Membership and Account Agreement. New members must open a share account with a minimum $5 initial deposit (share account is required for membership).
2Advantage Checking - APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Rates may change without notice after the account is opened. Fees could reduce earnings. All offers may end at any time without notice. New members must open a share account with a minimum $5 initial deposit (share account is required for membership). Advantage Checking account pays interest on your entire checking account balance. You can also earn a premium interest rate on your first $500 when you make 10 or more debit card transactions each month and enroll in eStatements.
3Bonus Debit Checking - Monthly minimum of 20 POS or Signature based debit card transactions monthly and must be enrolled in Online Banking and eStatements to receive ATM refunds. Funds must be available at the time of transaction. Refunds will be posted on the last day of the month. Transactions are counted until 5 p.m. on the last day of the month. Valid email address required for eStatements enrollment. New members must open a share account with a minimum $5 initial deposit (share account is required for membership).
4SureBalance Checking - All offers may end at any time without notice. New members must open a share account with a minimum $5 initial deposit (share account is required for membership). SureBalance Checking does not offer Overdraft Privilege. Review SureBalance Clarity Statement..
5Youth SureBalance Checking (Teen Account) - All offers may end at any time without notice. New members must open a share account with a minimum $5 initial deposit (share account is required for membership). SureBalance Checking does not offer Overdraft Privilege. Review SureBalance Clarity Statement. Youth Advantage products are available to those under the age of 18.
All offers may end at any time without notice.
*Priority Pay - Members can receive their direct deposits up to two days earlier. No action is required to receive this complementary benefit. Early posting of the direct deposit is contingent upon receiving the funds from the sender.
**Save My Change program - Some restrictions may apply. Business and specialized accounts are not eligible. Upon enrollment, we will round up your Visa® debit card purchases to the nearest dollar and transfer the difference from your checking account to a Community First savings account of your choice. Members must opt-into Save My Change to enroll and opt-out of Save My Change to end enrollment by contacting us or visiting branch. We may cancel or modify the Save My Change service at any time without prior notice.